A degree from the University of London is a mark of excellence, respected by employers and universities worldwide. This is because the University of London is one of the world’s leading universities, internationally recognised for its high academic standards. This reputation is based on the outstanding teaching and research of its 18 world-class…
A degree from the University of London is a mark of excellence, respected by employers and universities worldwide. This is because the University of London is one of the world’s leading universities, internationally recognised for its high academic standards. This reputation is based on the outstanding teaching and research of its 18 world-class Colleges and 10 specialist institutes.
Since 1858, University of London degrees have been accessible to students all over the world through the University of London International Programmes. Alumni of the University of London International Programmes have gone on to shape our world. These include seven Nobel Prize winners, leaders of Commonwealth countries, government ministers, renowned authors, academics, judges and business leaders. Today, the University of London International Programmes is truly international in character with over 54,000 students in more than 180 countries.
Academic direction for all of the programmes offered through the University of London International Programmes is provided by Colleges of the University. Academics at these Colleges develop the syllabuses, prepare the study materials, and are responsible for the assessment of students. This means that students benefit from the academic rigour and leading-edge research undertaken by the Colleges. It also helps to ensure that University of London qualifications are of the same high academic standard, however they are achieved.
In the case of the Undergraduate Laws Programme, academic direction is provided by six University of London Colleges with Law Schools or Departments, collectively known as the Laws Consortium. The six Colleges are: Birkbeck, King’s College London, London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE), Queen Mary, School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS), and UCL (University College London).
On successful completion of your studies you will be awarded a University of London degree or diploma. The certificate you receive will state that you were registered with the University of London and that examinations were conducted by the University of London Law Schools.
Find out more about the University of London International Programmes at: http://www.londoninternational.ac.uk
JOIN THE WORLD CLASS
1 Quality of learning
The law programmes in this prospectus are developed by academics at the University of London Law Schools, ensuring the world-class quality of the degree.
2 Study without relocating
Fit your studies around your work and your personal commitments. Study wherever you live and at a time that suits you.
3 A mark of excellence
Gain a prestigious qualification from the University of London, internationally renowned since 1858.
Enhance your employability by developing skills such as problem solving, critical thinking and self-discipline, all of which are valued by top law firms and employers worldwide.
5 Join the world class
After graduation you become part of our global network of influential alumni, including distinguished barristers, solicitors, leaders in industry and Nobel Prize winners.
A GLOBAL UNIVERSITY CENTRED AROUND YOU
Learn at your convenience
• Choose from different entry points depending on your qualifications – including fast-track routes for graduates.
• Choose to study at one of our approved teaching institutions, or study independently.
• Sit your exams at one of our exam centres worldwide without the need to come to London.
Your learning community
• Access to a wealth of study resources based on the world class teaching of University of London academics.
• Participate in a global learning community by connecting online with fellow students worldwide to collaborate and share perspectives.
• No travel, relocation or accommodation costs.
• Continue working full time.
• Stay close to family and friends.
YOUR PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY OF LONDON QUALIFICATION
About your qualification
When you graduate with a degree, diploma or certificate from the University of London you will receive two important documents – your Final Diploma (the parchment you receive on graduation) and a Diploma Supplement.
The Final Diploma
• Indicates that you were registered with the University of London and awarded a University of London degree, diploma or certificate.
• Gives the name of the University of London Law Schools that developed the syllabus and provided assessment.
• Features the University of London crest and the Vice-Chancellor’s signature.
The Diploma Supplement
• Describes the nature, level and content of programme you successfully completed.
• Includes the transcript of courses taken, marks achieved and overall classification.
• States the role of the University of London Law Schools and the method of study.
Cert.HE IN COMMON LAW
Certificate of Higher Education in Common Law.
The CertHE Common Law is a qualification in its own right that also provides an entry route to degree study. The modules studied in the CertHE Common Law are the same as the level 4 modules of…
LL.B PART TIME / FULL TIME
WELCOME TO A GLOBAL LAWS PROGRAMME
WHY STUDY LAW WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF LONDON UNDERGRADUATE LAWS PROGRAMME?
In a world where degrees and degree providers are proliferating, the University of London LLB offers the security of an internationally…
LL.B GRADUATE ENTRY ROUTE
General rules for all Graduate Entry Students
(each module is worth 30 credits) :
• You must be registered for a minimum of30 credits and a maximum…